Are you frustrated or dissatisfied that Roku asks you to enter credit card or PayPal payment information to open an account? Are you worried that Roku will charge you to register your device? You may be worried that Roku's systems will be hacked and your information will be stolen. If any of these cases concern you, there's good news - Roku has an unpublished "no credit" unpublished link. Just go to roku.com/link register to create a free account and register your Roku device or Roku TV without entering any payment information.
So, why does Roku still ask for payment information? There is never any cost to create a Roku account or to register a Roku device. (More on this later.) Roku asks for payment information to allow users to buy or subscribe to channels directly from their Roku device. Roku receives a reduction in payment when your Roku account is billed to you. Roku, Inc. also has a financial incentive to obtain your payment information.
If Tubi has not been installed on your Roku yet, you can find some on Roku's streaming channel store. Check out the Most Popular, Best Free and Movies & TV sections. You can also search for "Tubi".
Once you have found Tubi, select Add Channel and Tubi will be added to your home page.
- To register for Tubi on Roku, please follow the steps below:
- From the Roku home page, select the Tubi app.
- Select Sign In or Register for Free. You will now see a screen on your Roku with an activation code.
- On a web browser (for example, Google Chrome, Safari, etc.), go to www.tubitv.com/activate as shown on the new screen.
- In the Web browser, click Register via Facebook or Email Registration. If you are already registered, please click on Login (just below the registration buttons).
- Fill the fields that appear and click the Register or Log In button. We also recommend checking the "Keep me connected" box.
- Once this information is sent, you will be redirected to a new screen where you can enter the activation code displayed on your Roku screen.
- Enter the code and your Roku screen will automatically update as soon as your activation is complete.
To fully exploit the potential of your TCL Roku TV and enjoy more than 2,500 streaming channels, you need to create a Roku account. After all, registering for a Roku account is totally FREE. Here are other benefits of having a Roku account: It connects you and your TCL Roku TV to the Roku chain store. You can easily manage your channel selection in your TV's menu options, using the Roku app or my.roku.com. Roku can automatically send software updates to your TV.