Roku Error Code 009
Roku Error Code 009 indicates that your streaming device is connected to the router, but the network connection is still not active. To overcome the error code, try rebooting your Roku broadcast device and router. When you see the Roku 009 error code, it simply means that your device has successfully established itself with the router but does not connect to the Internet or Wi-Fi, which means that your device does not recognize the signal your network and starts displaying the message "connect to a wireless network" or "not connected to the Internet" or "Roku 009 error code".
If you want to check your connection, visit the Settings menu on your Roku device.
- Go to Settings> Network> Check Connection to perform a two-part test. The first part checks the connection to your home network and tests the signal quality. The second part, check that you are connected to the Internet and measure the speed of this connection.
- If wireless signal strength or internet speed is low, on-screen instructions will help you solve the problem.
- To restart your Roku drive, go to Settings> System> Restart System. To restart your Roku TV, select Settings> System> Power> Restart System. You can also unplug the Roku device from the power source, wait a few moments, and then reconnect it.
- To restart your router, consult the instructions from your ISP or router provider. In some cases, you can simply unplug it and reconnect it. In other cases, it may be necessary to press a reset button on the device.
- Turn off the Roku box or stick by unplugging the power cable.
- Once your Roku device turns off, turn off the WIFI router.
- Be sure to unplug the power cable from the WIFI router so that all lights are off.
- Now wait 1 minute and turn on the WIFI router again by plugging in the power cable.
- Please wait another minute for the router to start properly.
- Use your smartphone or other device such as a tablet or computer to check if your Internet connection has started working.
- Once you have verified that the Internet is working properly after starting the WIFI router, connect the power supply to Roku.
- Once the Roku device is turned on, try to connect it to the same WIFI network and follow the activation process again.
Other errors of Roku