Roku Error Code 014
Roku Error 014 while perfoming the Roku Setup, in general implies that the device can not get an IP address from your router. Thus, the device can not communicate with the router. There are now a number of reasons why roku may not get a valid IP address. This is correctly represented by the device using an error code, in this case, Roku Error 014. The appropriate format for this error is 014.xx, where xx is another numeric pair which represents the reason why roku does not get no local IP address.
Lets take a step by step approach to this and see how to resolve error 014. First of all this error comes up immediately after you enter your wifi password into the roku. So, here are the possible reasons we have come across that might bring up this error code.
- You entered the wrong WiFi password
- Your router is too far away
- You have enabled a whitelist on your router
- There is a problem with the network settings on your router
- An antivirus or firewall is blocking the roku’s access to the internet
In our experience as support providers for Roku Com Link we have come across this issue on a daily basis and can give you some easy steps on how to resolve this issue.
There are 2 different processes by with these errors can be removed. It is easy to fix Roku Error Code 014, you just need to follow the steps below :-
The First process to remove Roku Error Codes:
- Turn off the Roku Box or Stick by Removing Power Cable.
- Once the lights go off on your Roku device, turn off the Wi-Fi Router.
- Make sure to unplug the power cable from the Wi-Fi Router so that all the lights are off on it.
- Now wait for 1 minute and first of all turn the Wi-Fi Router back on by connecting the power cable.
- Please wait for 1 minute again so that the Router is properly booted up.
- Use your smartphone or other device, such as a tablet or computer, to check if your Internet connection has started working.
- Once you check that the Internet has started working properly after starting the Wi-Fi router, connect the power supply to Roku.
- Once the Roku device is turned on, try to connect it to the same Wi-Fi network and follow the activation process again.
- This process will remove any Roku error code, including the Roku 014 error code.
The second process to get rid of Roku Error Code 014:
Perform these steps in case the problem still occurs after going through the above process.
- Reset your Roku box or stick. Be sure to reset the device to the factory settings.
- Now, connect your Roku to the Wi-Fi router using an Ethernet cable.
- Once your Roku is connected to the router via an Ethernet cable, follow the activation process.
- Let the Roku device follow the software update process.
- When the software update is complete, please remove the Ethernet cable and connect it with your Wi-Fi connection.
- There will no longer be error codes displayed and this time the Roku activation process will be completed.
- This is a 100% safe way to remove Roku Error Code 014.