About Error Code 504
The error code 504 appears when trying to download applications or games in the Google Play Store. This is a gateway timeout error and is typically associated with slower Internet connections or mobile data networks. A simple solution that has worked for some is to disable and then reactivate your mobile data. You can try it now by enabling and then disabling your Airplane mode or by going to Settings >> data usage >> disable mobile data and re-enable it. Now, try to download or update the app through Google Play. If that did not work, some users even solved the 504 error of the Google Play Store by freeing up space on their Android device by uninstalling unwanted applications or games. If these Android fixes do not work, there is still a lot to do in this article so that “The application” can not be downloaded due to an error. (504)
Causes of error 504
- Incomplete downloading or installation process (Process of downloading was not followed properly)
- Slow internet connection (Sudden break in the internet connection creates block in the downloading)
- Mobile data networks (No network, weak network, or Network error might be the reason)
- Collision of unknown data (Online data error)
- Gateway timeout
- Google play store error
- HTTP error (When you use the unsecured method to access the downloading process)
- Low storage memory
How to Fix Error 504 on Play Store in Android Phone
Here are some solutions to solve the 504 error code. You can activate airplane mode for a few minutes and turn it off. Then try to install the application again. If that does not work, restart your Android device. This can solve the problem. If you’re trying to install with mobile data, try Wi-Fi or vice versa. If these basic troubleshooting steps do not work, follow these methods to fix error 504 on Google Play Store.
Method 1: Clear Cache & Data
If the game store cache is corrupt, you may encounter a strange problem. So, clearing the cache and data is a good idea.
- First, select Settings> App Manager> Google Play Store.
- Now, press Force Stop.
- Then tap Clear Data and finally tap Empty Cache. Sometimes these options may not be available here. In this case, look for the storage option and press it.
- Do the same for Google Play Framework and Play Services. Now, try to install this application again. This should correct error -504
Method 2: Re-add Google Account
This is another possible solution to solve the reading error. You can re-add your Google Account and see if it works. Here are the instructions.
- First, select Settings> Accounts> Google Account.
- Now delete the account. Then you should do as method 1. I mean you have to erase the data and the cache.
- Then restart your Android phone.
- Now go back to Settings> Accounts> Google Account.
- Add a new or existing Google Account.
Now go to the game store and see if you can install the application without facing the 504 error or not.
Method 3: Try from Different Network
Sometimes a bad internet connection can cause this error. I recommend you try different Wi-Fi zones or cellular networks. I hope that it will work. You can also install any VPN application and access another network. Then try to install the application. It can fix the 504 error of the Play Store.
These are the most effective tips for solving this error. But if that does not work, you can try another cool trick to get around this -504 game store error.