Search Engine Optimization ebay
eBay SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is the art and science that allows your product listings to be at the top of the eBay - Cassini search engine. That said, all the SEO tips you will discover in this tutorial also apply to your website / blog. The positioning of your products in the search results is directly related to the volume of traffic (views) of your store and your eBay listings. More views and visits mean more sales. Whether you just want to learn how to sell on eBay or you are already a seasoned salesperson, eBay SEO is a skill you must learn if you really want to make money on eBay. Now, learning SEO is not for everyone. However, even if you hire me (or another company) to create an SEO strategy for you / your eBay store, It can not emphasize enough that it is essential that you, the owner of the business, have a basic understanding of search engine optimization.
- 1. Choose a vendor name that tells people what your store is
While it's unclear whether or not eBay Cassini considers the seller's username in its rankings, it's a good idea to choose an eBay ID based on what you sell. It builds trust and sends the message that you are an expert in this category of products.
- 2. Embed a few keywords in your profile description
Keep your bio short and easy to read. eBay imposes a limit of 250 characters. You must tell your clients what makes you different and why they should deal with you with as few words as possible.
- 3. Use a profile picture that represents the brand
Upload a profile image that accurately reflects your identity or that of your brand. If you use a personal eBay account, you can keep the image of your profile informal and opt for a photo or illustration. However, if you use an eBay business account, you will want to use a brand logo.
Regarding sizing, eBay recommends that the dimensions of your photo be 300 × 300 pixels with a minimum resolution of 72 DPI.
- 4. Building a solid salesman reputation and strong track record
Your background and eBay rankings can make or break your profile. Cassini examines the seller's performance and takes into account evaluations and criticisms, customer disputes and responsiveness.
That's why it's important to keep your customers happy. Sell your products at fair prices and describe the items as accurately as possible in your ads so that customers always know what they are buying. Be responsive and polite to buyers and make sure you react quickly.
Optimize your ads for the major Internet search engines.
- Use keywords: Ask yourself what words people are likely to use in a search engine to find what you are selling. Once you have three to five of these keywords, use them naturally in your ad title and in the article description.
- Include unique identifiers: one of the most important things you can do to make sure search engines find unique identifiers in your listing such as Universal Product Codes (UPCs), European item numbers (EAN), international book numbers (ISBN), and the manufacturer's part number in your ads.
- Unique identifiers because this information is used by eBay and search engines to connect buyers with the products they are looking for and to provide them with the information they need to make their purchase.
- Pay attention to titles: the title of your ad is a key factor in natural search. Include the most important keywords or keyword phrases in your ad title. Use all your available characters wisely. Keep in mind that users do not search for words such as "wow" or "look".
- Write compelling content: Describe your article in the best possible way, in about 200 words, with as much detail as possible. Your most important keywords should be between 5% and 7% of the description. For example, in a description of 200 words, you will want to use these keywords 10 to 14 times. Search engines only read a certain amount of text per page. Therefore, including more irrelevant description is not worth it.
- Avoid keyword spam: use keywords as naturally as possible; do not overdo it! Note that keyword spam is both irritating to buyers and not in accordance with the eBay policy.
- Do not use hidden text: Do not add an invisible copy. Search engines will not read it.