Search Engine Optimization (SEO), in its simplest form, is about making changes to your website to make it more visible to search engines and to improve the ranking of your site. But improving your SEO is not a process in which you simply want to get started without a strategy. The best first step in developing your SEO strategy is to perform a SEO analysis.
What Is An SEO Analysis, and Why Is It Important?
Basically, a SEO analysis is a tool that allows users to study how to improve the ranking of a given website on search engines such as Google. With SEO analysis, you can determine which aspects of your SEO strategy are working and what are your main obstacles that prevent you from improving the ranking of your site.
To put it simply, SEO analysis is essential for you to rank higher, expand your reach, drive traffic and achieve your business goals. With an analysis, you do not take pictures in the dark; you make strategic decisions, which reduces the time and resources spent. Without a thorough SEO analysis of your site, it is practically impossible to make informed decisions to improve the ranking of your site in search engine results pages (SERPs). SEO analysis becomes complicated by the breadth and depth of data and tools available.
What’s Included in an SEO Analysis?
Each reporting tool and marketing agency will include different aspects in their SEO analysis reports, but some of the most used data includes:
- Competitive SEO Analytics detailing the leading competitors in your industry and their SEO performance.
- Keyword performance reports that include current rank, difficulty ranking, monthly searches, organic CTR and competitors’ keywords.
- Backlinks to identify spammy and bad links.
- Link building report pages to measure link building activities.
- Performance data, such as loading speed and navigation.
- Information about the layout and structure of the site.
- Content audit that identifies repetitive / duplicate content and pages that lack content.
- Using alternative text for images.
- Use of meta-descriptions.
- Use of social media integration.
- Responsiveness of site design on the desktop and mobile.
These are just a few things you’ll see in a complete SEO analysis report. As you can see, SEO analysis is critical to your long-term success. When you have the right tools and develop a strategy to perform the analysis, you are on the right track to improve your ranking.