Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a type of Internet marketing that modifies websites so that they rank better than organic and paid online searches. This dynamic activity changes often and experts must learn new methods of ranking and advertising each year. If you are an SEO expert, then you can offer your expertise to other companies rather than working for a company. You will need to invest in marketing, education and business organization to benefit from the business. Learn how to start an SEO consulting business.
Reasons Why Your Business Absolutely Needs SEO
Many brands and companies know (or think they know) that they need SEO for their digital properties and the benefits they will derive from this SEO work implemented on their behalf.
SEO will certainly improve the search capability and visibility of a website, but what other real value does it offer? Why is SEO so important?
These 12 reasons should offer some clarity, regardless of sector or size of business, on why companies need SEO to bring their brand to the next level.
- Organic search is most often the main source of website traffic
- SEO builds trust and credibility
- Good SEO also means a better user experience
- Local SEO: Increased engagement, traffic, and conversions
- SEO impacts the buying cycle
- Referencing best practices are always up-to-date
- Understanding SEO helps you understand the Web environment
- SEO is relatively cheap
- It’s a long-term strategy
- It is quantifiable
- SEO highlights new opportunities
- If you are not on page 1, you do not win the click
SEO Brings Your Business Traffic
Of course, in itself, traffic will not pay you anything. But do you prefer to install your showcase in an alleyway in Davenport, Iowa or in the middle of Times Square? All these people walking around Times Square are not going to make money, but it’s likely that many of them will eventually become your customers. As in Times Square, you must do everything possible to sell to your customers once on your website, but it is better to do business on a crowded street corner than to settle on a deserted island.
The best is that SEO is usually much more affordable than the store rentals in Times Square. Most importantly, visitors to your site are almost all qualified prospects. They were looking for companies like yours when they found you. They therefore have a need or interest for your products or services. Which brings me to the next point.
Is SEO right for your small business?
Search engines are an essential way to search for products and services. Thus, in most cases, research is a great way to become known to potential customers. That’s not to say that it’s the right marketing approach for every business at any given time.
The following must be taken into account:
- Budget:You may not have the budget to compete with established competitors.
- Speed: SEO can take a long time to produce results, especially in competitive markets.
- Competition from ads:The ads now take a lot of screen.
- Great competitors:Some search terms are dominated by titans and it can be hard to compete.
So while the visibility of organic research is always desirable, do not rely on it alone, especially if you need fast results and there is still a long way to go. In general, other methods such as PPC advertising can produce quick results when you start the SEO turtle race.