The SEO concept is simple: optimize your website to provide better information to search engines to ensure that your content is indexed correctly and displayed among the best search results. But as rules change so often, putting it into practice can be difficult. Although you can think of SEO as an arduous task, rest assured that its importance outweighs the effort needed to implement relevant strategies. To help you get started, we offer fascinating SEO statistics. We tried to keep things simple and make sure that in the end you had a good grasp of the most critical aspects of search engine optimization and how to get the most out of it.
SEO Statistics for 2019
- Google accounts for over 79% of overall desktop search traffic, followed by Bing at 7.27%, Baidu at 6.55% and Yahoo at 5.06%.
- Google receives more than 63,000 searches per second every day.
- 50% of searches have four or more words
- More Google searches are done on mobile devices than on computers in 10 countries, including the United States and Japan.
- High quality content and link building are the two most important signals used by Google to rank your website based on your research.
- The average first page result on Google contains 1,890 words.
- The long form content of more than 1,000 words consistently receives more shares and links than shorter form content
- 82% report that the efficiency of SEO is on the rise and that 42% of the efficiency of the state increases significantly
- 61% of marketers say improving their SEO and organic presence is their top priority in inbound marketing
- Google searches close to me have doubled in the last year
- 72% of consumers who did a local search visited a store within five miles
- 30% of mobile searches are location related
- Updating and republishing old blog posts with new content and new images can increase organic traffic up to 111%
- Links are one of the top ranking factors in Google, but Google said that social media sharing is not considered an individual link.
Blogs are great for SEO
Each time you search, the top ranked pages are blogs or product archives, not individual product pages. This tells us that search engines value a lot of content on one page. However, if you only sell a few products, you will have no chance to rank your product archive against much larger companies – this is where blog posts come into the picture.
You can write a good blog on just about anything. As long as you can provide the reader with useful information, your blog will have a chance to rank very high. We recommend writing between 500 and 2,000 words per blog post to keep it informative and catchy.
You must create a link to your own internal pages.
Linking links to more of your own content makes sense, but it is also very useful for SEO. The interconnection of relevant pages allows search engines to understand exactly the content of your page and classify it accordingly. To do this, he assumes “groups of subjects”; pages that are similar to each other in terms of what they relate to.
Theme groups also help keep the audience on your website longer, as users can find the information they need more easily. Search engines interpret these longer visits as a website offering value. They will recommend your pages to other people who are looking for the same subject.
You should be on social media
This is very true because even though having social media channels will not improve your rankings, you can use social media to direct more people to your website. Consider social channels as gateways to specific content and pages that you choose to highlight.
It is found that using social media to promote your website pages could give you 12% more search visibility than Google if you did not use social media. This means that you could potentially reach 12% more in search results. Know what it means? You could also generate 12% more traffic on your website, simply by using social media.
Voice search arrives
The time when you had to enter your query into a search engine is over. With the increasing number of voice assistants such as Siri, Alexa, Cortana and Google Assistant, it has never been more important to start optimizing your web pages for voice search. People speak very differently about their type, which will affect your SEO.
For example, if you were looking for a good coffee near you, you would probably type “good coffee near me”. However, when you speak, you could say it a little differently. You can say “Alexa, tell me where is open now who serves good coffee”.
Note that a), voice searches are longer and b) they are much more conversational and ask a real question. This means that when performing a natural search for voice searches, you should try to include question expressions that people will probably want answered. Think “who is”, “why”, “what”, “when” and “where”.