Sony Error Code 0xc00000e9
The Sony Error Code 0xc00000e9 is usually a hardware error related to your BIOS settings. If you see this error, it is usually because your computer can not communicate with the hard drive. Another cause is the Solid State Drive (SSD) problem when installing Windows.
Some of the most common reasons for the 0xc00000e9 error include:
- The integrity of the system files is corrupt.
- There is no contact between the hard disk and the motherboard;
- Improper disconnection / connection of a removable storage device (USB stick, external hard drive);
- Damaged registry files;
- Damaged hard disk or its controller;
- There is a problem with the device from which you are installing Windows (for example, a USB flash drive);
- Errors in the downloaded version of Windows (it is better to use the original Windows images);
One of the reasons for this error could be viruses. If such malicious software has infected your PC, it could corrupt your registry files or data in connection with the system startup process. Even if you use an antivirus, know that no defense is 100% foolproof. A problem with your hard drive may be another reason for this malfunction. That's because the shelf life a hard disk is limited, and this depends on its quality, use and maintenance.
Solution 1: Check the compatibility of your hardware
If you have external devices connected to your PC, such as the external hard drive or a USB flash drive, disconnect all of them (leave your mouse and keyboard connected), and then restart your computer.
If the error persists, reconnect your external devices, one at a time, and restart your PC. If you get the error again after connecting some devices, you can identify the problem now. You can either replace this device completely from your PC or update its driver as shown in solution
Solution 2: Change your BIOS settings
You can try to start your computer with hard disk to fix 0xc00000e9. Follow the steps below:
- Turn off your computer, and then press the power button to start your computer.
- Press and hold the button to enter the BIOS setting, usually ESC, F2, F12 or Del (please consult the manufacturer of your PC or consult your user manual).
- Once in the BIOS Setup Utility, go to Startup Options.
- Once in the boot options, make sure the first boot device is your hard drive. You can press the arrow to highlight the hard drive and move it to the top of the boot device list.
- Save your changes and restart your computer. This should solve your problem.
Solution 3: Update your drivers
The driver problem can also cause the error 0xc00000e9, because the hardware can not communicate with the software if there is a problem with the drivers. You must verify that all your devices have the appropriate and latest drivers and update those that are not.
Note: Before you update the drivers, you must start your computer in safe mode with network. (You can read this article for more information on how to go into safe mode.)
Manual Driver Update - You can update your drivers manually by accessing the manufacturer's website and searching for the latest driver. If you do not have the time, patience or computer skills to update your drivers manually, you can do it automatically with Easy Driver.