Step 1: Sign in and install Office
- Go to www.office.com and if you’re not already signed in, select Sign in.
- Note:If you buy an office for personal use with your company’s Microsoft HUP benefit, you will not be able to sign in here. Find installation help at the office established by HUP.
- Sign in with the account you associated with this version of Office.
- On the Office home page, do the following depending on your version of Office.
- Select Install Office > Install if you signed in with a Microsoft account.
- Select Install Office Apps > Office 2016 if you signed in with a work or school account. (Note: The link may say Office 2016, however Office will install the most up-to-date version of the Office apps as set by your Office 365 admin.)
- This begins the download of Office.To complete the install follow the prompts on your screen.
Don’t see an install option after signing in? There could be an issue with your account. Then contact with Office 365 help team
Step 2: Install Office
- Once the download has completed, open Finder, go to Downloads, and double-click Microsoft Office installer.pkg file (the name might vary slightly).
- On the first installation screen, select Continue to begin the installation process.
- Review the software license agreement, and then click Continue.
- Select Agree to agree to the terms of the software license agreement.
- Choose how you want to install Office and click Continue.
- Review the disk space requirements or change your install location, and then click Install.
- Note:If you want to install only certain Office apps and not have all the exclusions, click the Customize button and uncheck the programs you do not want.
- Enter your Mac login password, if prompted, and then click Install Software.(This is the password that you use to log in to your Mac.)
- The software begins to install. Click Close when the installation is finished. If Office Installation fails, see if you can not install or Office 365 Support For Mac.
Step 3: Start Office for Mac app and start the activation process
- Click the Launchpad icon in the Dock to display all of your apps.
- Click the Microsoft Word icon in the Launchpad.
What’s New opens the window automatically when you launch the word. Click Start to start activating If you need help activating an office, see activate Office 365 Support For Mac. If Office Activation fails, see if you can not install or activate Office for Mac.
How do I pin the Office app icon to the dock?
- Go to Finder > Applications and open the Office app you want.
- In the Dock, Control+click or right-click the app icon and choose Options > Keep in Dock.