TCL smart TV Amazon prime
First and foremost, most smart TVs - TVs with built-in capability to display streaming services - support Amazon Prime. If you are shopping for a connected TV, you need to make sure that an Amazon premium channel is integrated, which is practically the case for everyone, which makes this step quite simple. Brands like Samsung, LG, TCL, Toshiba, Sony and many others include Amazon Prime Video.
If your TV is not "smart" - or if you have a smart TV that for some reason does not understand Amazon Prime, you can add Amazon Prime Video by connecting a streaming player to your TV. There are a large number of streaming players available and, like smart TVs, almost all include the ability to play Amazon Prime Video. Amazon sells its own family of streaming players, all equipped with Prime Video - The Amazon Fire TV. In addition, you can search any Roku player, Apple TV, etc.
If you want to watch Amazon Prime Video without the help of an additional computer, you can download an app that will give you an experience similar to that of Fire TV. Here's how you do it:
- Go to the XDA forums and download Prime Video Launcher. (You may also need to download the Amazon Prime Video APK, but you'll find out later.)
- On your smart TV, open Settings and visit the Security and Restrictions section. The first choice should be unknown sources. Turn on that. (Amazon Prime Video will not work without it.)
- You can laterally load the APK file in another way if you prefer, but it ison device with ES File Explorer. If it's not the case on your smart TV, download it now.
- Open the ES File Explorer and search for a cloud or network service you are using. I used Dropbox (the cloud service) and dropped the APK into a folder in my Dropbox account. Whether you prefer Dropbox, Google Drive or something else, associate it with ES File Explorer. If you sync the APK to your account, when you load the folder you inserted into ES File Explorer, you can simply select it and open it.
- When you open the Prime Video Launcher, you will be asked to confirm its installation, but a few moments later, it will open. You will be asked if you want to install Amazon Prime VOD, which you need to watch anything. Confirm that you want to install the latest version and wait for the installation to complete. In some cases, the download will fail and you will have to install it manually. Just repeat this process, but install one of the VOD APKs found in this XDA thread.
- Once you have installed Amazon Prime VOD, open it and sign in to your Amazon account.
That's all! Now you can watch Amazon Prime Video on your smart TV as if it were supposed to be there. Hopefully one day, Amazon will allow us to install the application wherever we want without the extra effort, but at least you have some simple methods to get the job done right away.