Users encounter TCL Smart tv Error Code 003 because the device can not update the software even though it is connected to the Internet. In some cases, the 003 error also refers to the situation in which you can not connect to multiple channels using an Internet connection. You can not update your TCL Smart TV device for two main reasons: either the servers on the server are down / under maintenance, or TCL Smart TV is struggling to establish a network connection. This can happen even if you are shown that you are properly connected to the Internet.
The error code 003 does not allow you to update TCL Smart TV and mainly concerns the Internet connection with your wireless router. In detail, some of the reasons this error may occur are:
- There is a problem with network security protocols. This should not be the case ideally, because no protocol poses a problem to the security protocols. Unfortunately, TCL Smart TV does not like the AES protocol much.
- TCL Smart TV is experiencing server problems in the background. This has been very common in the past.
- Your device is not updated to the latest version. The TCL Smart TV team publishes several updates over a period of time to add new features or remove issues.
Solution 1: Change the network security protocol
As mentioned before, TCL Smart TV does not like the AES protocols implemented in network security. In many cases, TCL Smart TV has refused to update / connect simply because of the type of protocol used on the network. We can try to change the protocol and see if that solves the problem. Make sure you change the security settings for your network at your own risk.
- Open your router settings, and open the IP address of its settings. This address is located mainly on the back of the router or in its documentation. It’s something like ‘192.168.8.1’.
- Once the settings, go to Wireless or Security and make sure that the security mode is not defined as AES. It can be WPAK2-PSK (TKIP).
- After changing the security method, you can try to connect from your TCL Smart TV to the network with the new settings implemented. Check if the problem is resolved.
Solution 2: Using the Ethernet capability
Some TCL Smart TV devices offer the ability to connect to the network via wireless and wired networks. If you try to connect wirelessly and update, you can switch to wired mode and try to connect again. You can connect one end of the cable to the router and the other to TCL Smart TV. Just make sure your router is working as expected.