If the below error message (Error code 014.40) appears at this point, it means the Roku can not connect to yourwireless network. If you see this red X, try this: Check that you are using the correct wireless password for your network. If the below error message (Error code 014.50) appears at this point, it means the Roku player can not join the local network. If you see this red X, try this: Try rebooting the router by unplugging it from the power source, then plugging it back in. Try changing the router's wireless security mode to WPA-PSK (TKIP).
- Power on your Roku device.
- Select Settings > Network > Wireless (Wi-Fi) > Set up new Wi-Fi connection.
- Choose your wireless network from the list.
- Enter your wireless password for your In-home WiFi.
- Three green checkmarks will indicate that your setup was successful.
- Confirm that you select the correct wireless network name.
- Check that you enter the correct password. Remember that passwords are case-sensitive.
- Check if MAC address filtering is enabled on your router? This restricts access of certain devices to your network. If so, you must add the wireless MAC address of your TCL Roku TV to the list of permissions for your router. For instructions, refer to the user manual of your router or visit the manufacturer's website of the router.
There are some channels that will work without Internet, but you need to have internet to configure the Roku in the first place, after which you can stream local content from your PC or a USB stick (if you have a Roku with a USB port) with Plex or Roku Media Player. Most games should also work without internet.