For a better streaming experience with your TCL Roku TV, you’ll need a strong wireless network and a reliable Internet connection. We’ve put together some tips to help the wireless signal on your TCL Roku TV and improve the quality of streaming. We recommend that you read all the information, as several tips can help you.
You will get this error if your TCL Roku TV does not receive a sufficiently strong wireless signal from the router. If your password is correct and other devices can access the router, but you still can not connect to your wireless network, the most likely problem is the strength of the wireless signal. The wireless signal becomes weaker as your Roku device is remote. router, and with more obstacles (like walls and cabinets) between your router and your Roku device. Once connected to your wireless network, go to Settings> Network> Signal Strength on Roku. If the signal strength is “Excellent”, you can proceed to the section called “Check your Internet speed”. For any other signal strength, read this guide with suggestions for improving your wireless signal.
- Check that you are entering the correct password for your wireless network (remember that passwords are case-sensitive).
- Make sure you select the correct wireless network name.
- Have you enabled MAC address filtering? If this is the case, scroll down and see the “Advanced Router Settings” section below. If you are not sure what it is, then this trick is probably not for you.
- Try restarting the router by unplugging it from the power source and then plugging it back in.
- Try to change the router’s wireless security mode to WPA-PSK (TKIP). Scroll through the list and check the “Advanced Router Settings” section below.
- Check that your Internet connection is working on another device, such as a tablet or laptop.
- Try to restart the router and modem by unplugging it from the power source and then plugging it back in.
- You may need to adjust the DNS settings of your router. Scroll down and see the “Advanced Router Settings” section below.