Tp-Link Tl-Wr940n Router
The TL-WR940N (450 Mbps) Wireless Router creates strong Wi-Fi connections for devices in your home. Its 3 × 3 MIMO technology boosts your wireless signal, for no-lag games and HD streams. Three antennas provide better wireless performance, transmission rates, stability and Wi-Fi coverage. The free Tether app lets you adjust network settings or manage your home network from your phone (Android, iOS). The TL-WR940N works with your ISP, such as Virgin Media. You can connect the TP-Link Wi-Fi Router to a modem / router modem with an Ethernet cable via the WAN port.
- Wireless and speed 450 Mbps wireless speed ideal for interruption sensitive applications like HD video streaming
- Easy bandwidth management: Bandwidth control allocates necessary speed of each connected device to ensure quality of multimedia streaming
- Fast encryption: One-touch WPA wireless security encryption with the WPS button , Protocols - Support IPv4
- Hassle-free management with Tether app: Network management is made easy with the TP-Link Tether app, available on any Android or iOS device
- Guest network and parental controls: Keep your main network secure by creating a separate network for friends and visitors; with parental controls you can manage when and how children devices can access the internet
The TL-WR940N is a wired / wireless combination network connection device specifically designed for the networking needs of small businesses and home offices. With MIMO technology, the TL-WR940N creates exceptional and advanced wireless performance, making it ideal for streaming HD video, VoIP and online games. In addition, the stylish and fashionable WPS button on the outside ensures WPA2 encryptions, preventing the network from outside intrusions.
- Plug the router into a power source
- Connect the Ethernet cable from the Internet source (modem, ONT) to the Internet port.
- You should already have an Internet connection with WorldNet. Connect one end of the supplied Ethernet cable to the Internet source (modem, ONT's Ge1 port) and the other end to the blue Ethernet port on the back of the 940N.
- Connect your PC to the router.
- Go to the router access page in your browser.
- Your browser should automatically point you to the router's configuration page (seen below). Otherwise, type http://192.168.0.1 in the address bar. Then you can see the login pop-up window. The default username and password are admin.
- Start the installation wizard. Once connected successfully, you can click Quick Setup to configure your router. Click Next. The WAN Connection Type Selection page appears. The router supports three ways to connect to the Internet. For WorldNet UFB, select Dynamic IP. And then click Next, and the Wireless page will appear. Wireless Radio - Activate the wireless radio by choosing from the drop-down list.
- SSID - Enter a value of up to 32 characters. The same Service Set Identification (SSID) name must be assigned to all wireless devices on your network. Considering the security of your wireless network, the default SSID is TP-LINK_xxxxxx (xxxxxx is the last six unique numbers of each router's MAC address). This value is case-sensitive. For example, TP-LINK is NOT identical to tp-link.
- Region - Select your region from the drop-down list. This field specifies the region where the wireless function of the router can be used. It may be illegal to use the wireless feature of the router in a region other than the one specified in this field. If your country or region is not listed, please contact your local government agency for assistance.
- Channel - This field determines which operating frequency will be used. The default channel is set to 6. You do not need to change wireless channels unless you notice interference problems with another nearby access point.
- Channel Width - Select any channel width from the drop-down list. The default setting is automatic, which allows you to automatically adjust the channel width of your clients. When all the basic network settings have been completed, click the Finish button to exit this quick setup. 6. Connect the WIFI. Once the above configurations are done. Then check the wireless connection.
- Find the SSID you set in step 9 from the available wifi networks. Put the wifi password you set up in step 9 in a pop-up window.
- Congratulations. You should now have a fully functional and secure TP-Link TL-WR940N router.