The 1053 error of the Trend Micro Officescan main service and other critical errors can occur when your Windows operating system is corrupted. Opening programs will be slower and response times longer. When you have multiple applications running, you may experience deadlocks and hangs. This error can have many causes, including excessive startup entries, registry errors, hardware / RAM decline, fragmented files, unnecessary or redundant program installations, and so on.
- The Trend Micro Micro Scan 1053 main service error is displayed and crashes the current program window.
- Your PC crashes frequently by displaying the Trend Micro Officescan 1053 master service error while running the same program.
- Your Windows runs slowly and typing or mouse typing is slow.
- Your PC occasionally "freezes" for a period of time.
- The active program window crashes whenever error 1053 appears.
- Your PC crashes frequently with the same error 1053 when you try to run the same program. ·
- Service did not respond to the start or check request. The main Security Server service in WFBS could not be started is displayed on your screen.
- Windows reacts very slowly to any activity and turns slowly or restarts on its own. ·
- System "hangs" frequently at periodic intervals.
Step 1: Repair Registries Linked With Error 1053
Manually editing the Windows registry entries to correct this error should be done with caution. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can damage your operating system and prevent it from starting. To start the repair, create a backup by exporting part of the registry by doing the following:
- Click the "Start" button.
- Type "command" in the search field and without pressing the "Enter" key, proceed to the next step.
- Press the "CTRL", "Shift" and "Enter" keys together.
- The authorization will be requested, click on "Yes".
- Type "regedit" in the open window and press the "Enter" key.
- In the Registry Editor, select the 1053-related key that you want to back up.
- Select "Export" in the "File" menu.
- In the "Save As" list, select the location where you want to save the backup key for Trend Micro.
- Enter a name for the backup file in the "File Name" box, such as Trend Micro Backup.
- Make sure to select the "Selected Branch" option in the "Export Range" menu.
- Click "Save" and the file would be saved with a .reg file extension.
- You have now successfully created the backup file for the registry entry associated with Trend Micro.
Step 2: Using Disk Cleanup (cleanmgr), Clean up System Junk (Temporary Files and Folders)
Many unwanted files are accumulated on a PC during a given period. This buildup of spam can cause Trend Micro to respond slowly or cause this 1053 error. The following steps explain how to perform cleanmgr for Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10:
- Click the "Start" button. ·
- Type "command" in the search field and without pressing the "Enter" key, proceed to the next step. ·
- Press the "CTRL", "Shift" and "Enter" keys together. ·
- The authorization will be requested, click on "Yes". ·
- Type "regedit" in the open window and press the "Enter" key. ·
- Disk Cleanup will start calculating the amount of free space on each disk that can be freed. ·
- You will be prompted to select the categories from which you want to clean unwanted files.
- You can choose "Temporary Files" only here. ·
- Select the check boxes next to the categories you want to clean and click "OK". ·
- You have correctly cleaned temporary and unwanted files from your PC.
Step 3: Update Device Drivers of Your PC
The 1053 error may also be due to corrupt or outdated device drivers. You can also try to update the device drivers to correct this error.
If you have a problem with an updated driver, you can try to repair it by updating or manually reinstalling it by doing the following:
- Select the "Start" option, enter Device Manager in the search box and select it from the displayed results.
- Click the Expand icon and select your device in the category. Right-click or hold your finger on it and select "Update Driver".
- Select Automatically search for updated driver software.
You can also try to reinstall the driver:
- Open the "Device Manager".
- Right-click or type and hold the device name and click "Uninstall".
- Restart your PC and Windows will start reinstalling the driver.
Step 4: Utilize Windows System Restore to “Undo” Recent System Changes
Windows System Restore allows you to "go back in time" with your computer to fix problems with your 1053 error. System Restore can bring back system files and programs from your PC to a time when everything was working fine. This can potentially help you avoid troubleshooting times associated with error 1053.
To use System Restore (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10):
- Click on the Start button.
- In the search dialogue box, type “System Restore” and click on “Enter”.
- In the results, click on “System Restore”.
- Now, enter any administrator passwords.
- Follow the given steps in the Wizard to choose a restore point.
- Finally, restore your PC.
Step 5: Uninstall and Reinstall the Trend Micro Antivirus Program Associated with Error 1053
If your Error 1053 is related to a specific program, then reinstalling Trend Micro antivirus software could be the best solution.
Step 6: Run Windows System File Checker (“sfc /scannow”)
System File Checker is a handy tool included with Windows that allows you to scan for and restore corruptions in Windows system files.
To run System File Checker (Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10):
- Click the Start button.
- Type "command" in the search field.
- While holding CTRL-Shift on your keyboard, after this, click Enter.
- You will be prompted with an authorization dialog box.
- Click on Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type "sfc / scannow" and click Enter.
- The System File Checker will begin scanning for 1053 error and other system file problems.
- Now, follow the onscreen commands.
Step 7: Install All Windows Updates
Microsoft is constantly updating and improving Windows system files that could be associated with Error 1053. Sometimes, resolving your runtime error problems can be as simple as updating Windows with the latest service pack or other packs released by Microsoft.
Step 8: Perform a Clean Installation of Windows
This step is your last option when trying to solve your Error 1053 problem. We must emphasize that reinstalling Windows will be a tedious and complex task to resolve the problems of error 1053. To avoid any data loss You must make sure you have backed up all your documents, images, software installation programs and other important personal data before starting the process.
If you unable to fix the problem with the help of aforementioned troubleshooting steps, allow Trend Micro Antivirus Support team to help you with the issues. Trend Micro team is available 24×7 to assist you with latest technology based and effective customer support services.