- Sign in to TurboTax and select Intuit Account on the left, just above “Sign Out” (you may need to scroll down; click or tap the 3 white lines or Tax Home if you still don’t see this).
- This would open your Account Settings.
- Select Profile to update your information
- Select Security to update your password, security question, phone number, or enable/disable two-step verification.
- Choose Edit next to the options you want to alter.
- By default, the TurboTax software system saves all your tax return files in the My Documents > TurboTax folder.
- Simply navigate to My Documents > TurboTax and then delete the tax file by highlight it and clicking the Delete key (or right-clicking it and choosing Delete).
- Then, to permanently delete the file from your computer, open the Recycle Bin on your desktop, search the tax file, and delete it again.
- Open your return in TurboTax.
- Switch to Forms Mode by selecting the Forms icon in the upper right corner of your screen.
- From the File menu, choose Remove State Return.
- Select the state return you wish to delete, and then click Remove. Click Yes to confirm.
- To begin your state return from the beginning, click the Step-by-Step icon in the upper right corner, and then click on the State Taxes tab.
- Log out of TurboTax Online.
- Select the TurboTax Online product you need to use for the second return and proceed.
- On the Create your account screen, set up a new login for the second return.
- You can utilize your email address if you want to receive e-file notifications for the second return.
Up to 5 accounts can be tied to the same email address.
After you’ve created the new account, you can start working on the second return.