Turbotax install error 65535
Although TurboTax is the best tax preparation software, you may encounter error code 65535 "Unexpected Error" when installing TurboTax for Windows. Several causes can cause problems, including corrupted downloaded file, incorrect installation of TurboTax, corrupted Windows registry, virus or malware, malicious or mistakenly deleted program files, etc. Corruption in the Windows registry from recent changes related to software, viruses or malware can be a reason behind this problem. If you also have the same problem, follow the steps below.
- When the system is affected by a corrupt installation or registry of files
- When the device is attacked by viruses or Trojans
- In case of incomplete installation of applications or programs
We have come up with steps in detail. Let’s take a look:
Fix TurboTax Error 65535 on Windows XP and Windows Vista:
- First, make sure you are connected to the Windows XP device you are currently using.
- Now we would like to tell you that you need to login to the device only with administrator rights.
- If an online backup is in progress, do not forget to disable it before proceeding.
- In the meantime, you must also disable all firewalls and antivirus programs.
- Now, it is recommended to install, reinstall or update the TurboTax software.
- Now, once done, remember to re-enable all firewalls, antivirus programs, or online backup.
Troubleshoot TurboTax Installation Error code 65535 on Windows 7:
If you were using the Windows 7 installation error and you encountered the TurboTax installation error, you should follow these steps:
- Log in to the Windows 7 system as an administrator or with administrator rights.
- Now disable all security features, then perform online backup of data.
- Now, you must try to install TurboTax.
- Also, make sure that you have eliminated all corrupted files and the Windows registry of the system
Resolve TurboTax Unexpected Error 65535 on Windows 8:
To fix error code 65535 on Windows 8, you must follow all the steps listed for Windows 7, Windows XP, or Windows Vista. If these steps are not enough, we recommend that you follow the steps below:
- Before continuing the procedure, you must click on the "taskbar".
- Now it is important that you access the "Task Manager" section.
- After that, you need to make sure that you have clicked the "More Details" button.
- Now do not hesitate to click on the button of the "Service" tab
- If the status of the missing server indicates "Running", you must wait because Windows 8 is already installing another file or program.
- After the end of the process, be sure to continue the process.
- Try to reinstall or install TurboTax
Fix TurboTax Error code 65535 on Windows 10:
- First, you have to click on the "taskbar"
- Now, as you go through the steps, be sure to go to the "Task Manager" section.
- Do not forget now to look for the "Intuit Update Service"
- Make sure you have clicked on the "End Process" tab.
- Click on "Details"
- Search the file "MSIexec.exe"
- End the taskbar
- Now is the time to reinstall or update the TurboTax software.