Unfortunately phone has stopped
Meet problems with the Phone app is never welcoming. Being one of the useful applications, seeing it collapse and not reacting gives a real discouragement. If we talk about trigger points, there are many. But the central point is what to do when the Phone application collapses. In this article, we discussed this issue in detail. To know this and better understand why the error "Unfortunately, the phone has been shut down", read the rest of this article and solve the problem yourself.
Solution 1. Reboot Phone
When searching on Google, many users complain about the "Unfortunately, the com.android.phone process stopped" error when making calls, sending SMS or opening applications.
Typically, if this error message appears for the first time, you can try restarting your Android device and then check if this error still occurs. If the problem persists, proceed to the next suggestion.
Solution 2. Clear App Data and Cache
Unfortunately, the com.android.phone process has stopped the error on xiaomi or other Android phones once they have cleared the cache and data from the app for phone, according to a poll.
- Turn on the Android smartphone.
- Tap the menu icon to display the list of applications.
- Tap the Settings icon in the displayed interface.
- Under the Settings section of the DEVICE section, locate and tap Apps (on some devices, Application Manager or App Manager).
- In the Applications from Available Applications window, press to select the application whose data and cache you want to erase. (Example: Google Play Store in this demonstration.)
- After the application information interface appears in the STORAGE section, press the CLEAR DATA button to erase the data from the selected application.
- Under the CACHE section, press the CLEAR CACHE button to clear the cache.
- Restart your phone for the changes to take effect.
Solution 3. Clear Cache and Data of the SIM Toolkit
- Click Settings to access the applications.
- Select Apps.
- Click Sim Toolkit.
- Click CLEAR DATA and CLEAR CACHE.
- Finally, restart the Android smartphone, then check if the error Unfortunately, the process com.android.phone stopped has been resolved.
Solution 4. Stop Automatic Updates
Some users have reported that stopping the automatic date option may help solve the problem - unfortunately, the com.android.phone process has stopped the error.
- On the Home screen, tap Play Store.
- Tap the Menu icon.
- Click Settings.
- Tap Automatically update apps.
- Choose the option Do not automatically update applications.
Solution 5. Use AROMA File Manager
Unfortunately, the com.android.phone process has stopped the error message on xiaomi using custom recovery.
Download and install the latest AROMA File Manager available on the XDA website. With this manager, you can delete Phone's cache or temporary folder as well as the SIM Toolkit app. Tries.