AVG Antivirus is one of the best antivirus programs that effectively protects your computers or laptops. There are a number of different antivirus programs on the market. If you already have AVG antivirus installed on your computer and want to install another one, you must first uninstall the current AVG antivirus program.
Method 1: Use Control Panel to uninstall AVG
Uninstall AVG using your Windows Control Panel. Check the instructions for your Windows to uninstall AVG:
- In the System Search field, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel from the list.
- Go to Programs> Programs and Features.
- Right-click AVG in the list of programs and choose Uninstall to open the AVG uninstall wizard. Note: For computer users who have other versions of AVG on your PC (for example, AVG Protection, AVG PC TuneUP), delete them first.
- Refer to the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation.
- Restart your PC.
Method 2: Uninstall AVG By AVG Removal tool
- First, download the AVG Removable tool from your Windows PC from the download link above:
- After downloading the file, you must run the file. Be sure to close all other programs and open files on your computer because this executable file requires a reboot.
- Now, click Yes to continue the reboot process.
- To start this restart process, you must have administrator access to the computer to run this removal tool.
- The removal progress will begin to work in the command prompt that deletes all files, registry entries and other services related to AVG.
Method 3: Uninstall AVG the default uninstaller provided with the installation package
- First, start by clicking on the Start menu, then right-clicking on the AVG Antivirus entry.
- Then click Uninstall.
- A new window will open. In the list, find your entry in AVG Internet Security.Then right-click on it, and then click Uninstall. You will get a User Account Control prompt, click Yes.
- Then you will see the next window.
- Click Uninstall.
- A prompt will ask if you really want to uninstall AVG, as this could also be a malware attack. You click Yes. Or after 60 seconds, the No option is automatically selected.
- Once you are finished, the uninstallation begins and in the meantime, you will be asked optional questions about your investigation.
- It will now ask you to restart your computer. You can do it now or even later. It all depends on your selection of the options displayed there.