Trend Micro Uninstall Error
There are a number of different antivirus programs in the market. If you already have an antivirus installed on your computer and want to install another antivirus software on your computer, you must first uninstall the current antivirus program. Below are the steps to uninstall an antivirus program.
Caution: Running multiple antivirus programs on a computer at the same time often causes problems, including errors, slow computer performance, and possible failure of virus protection.
If you plan to uninstall your antivirus application and replace it with another solution, your system may be vulnerable to threats if you are connected to the Internet during this process. Follow these steps to make sure your system will not be at risk during uninstallation.
- Download, but do not install, all required components of the new antivirus solution.
- Disconnect from the Internet by terminating all network connections:
- Wired: To disconnect your wired network connection, disconnect your Ethernet cable from your computer.
- In the Windows notification area (bottom right), click the Network icon.
- Select the network labeled Connected, and select Disconnect.
- Uninstall the antivirus solution according to the instructions and restart if necessary.
- Install the new antivirus solution.
The first is to use the program’s built-in uninstall feature by searching the antivirus program folder on the Windows Start menu. To do this, click Start, All Programs, and then locate the antivirus program in the list of programs.
When you find the antivirus program in the list, look for the uninstall option, which should be in the same folder. If available, click the uninstall option and follow the instructions to complete the uninstallation of the antivirus.
Run the uninstall tool to remove the leftovers from your previous installation. Do the following:
- Open your Internet Browser.
- Download the Uninstall Tool.
- Double-click exe to run the tool.
- Click on Yes when the User Account Control Window appears.
- Now, read the license agreement, click “I accept the terms of the license agreement”, and then click Next.
- Click on Install.
- Here, you have to wait for the uninstall tool to finish the installation, then click on OK.
- Click on Uninstall Software.
- Enter the captcha letters, then click on Continue.
- Click on Uninstall.
- Click on Yes when prompted to restart your PC.
After your computer restarts, your Trend Micro security will be removed. If the Trend Micro Security software remains installed after restarting the PC, skip to section Uninstall Trend Micro Security using the Diagnostic Toolkit.
To uninstall Trend Micro Security using the Diagnostic Toolkit, follow these steps:
- Open the Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit. Do the following:
- For Windows 10:
- Click on Start > All Apps > Trend Micro Security > Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit.
- For Windows 8.1:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows Windows Key + C to open Charms bar.
- Click on Search.
- On the Search box, type “Trend”.
- Click on Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit.
- For Windows 7:
- Go to Start > All Programs > Trend Micro Security > More Tools and Help > Trend Micro Diagnostic Toolkit
- For Windows 10:
2.Click Yes when the User Account Control window appears.
3.Click the Uninstall tab.
4.Click Uninstall the software.
5.Click Yes when asked to confirm the uninstall.
6.Copy your serial number.
7.Tick I copied my serial number, and then click Uninstall.
8.Click Yes when prompted to restart your computer.
If you unable to fix the problem with the help of aforementioned fixing steps, allow Trend Micro Antivirus Support team to help you with the issues. Trend Micro team is available 24×7 to assist you with latest technology based and effective customer support services.