Sophos Endpoint Security is designed to detect, remove, and prevent the spread of viruses, spyware, and other security risks. However, if you want to download new anti-virus software, you must uninstall any other anti-virus software from your computer. Here are the steps to uninstall Sophos.
- You may decide that you do not need an antivirus on a Mac because of the likelihood that it will be unlikely to infect a Mac with a virus.
- Sophos Antivirus may be using a lot of memory and CPU resources. If not, removing it will improve the performance and overall speed of your Mac.
- You may have already found another software to do the job. In this case, Sophos must be deleted because running two antivirus applications simultaneously in the background will significantly reduce the performance of your Mac.
Way 1 : Uninstall Sophos Control panel
- Click the Start button
- Click the Settings button
- In the Windows Settings window, click Applications.
- In the Programs and Features section, scroll down the list and find Sophos Anti-Virus.
- Click Sophos Anti-Virus. Click the Uninstall button
- Click the prompts to complete the removal of Sophos Anti-Virus.
- Repeat the uninstallation process for each Sophos application in the Applications and Features list.
- Restart your computer when you are done
Way 2 : Edit Registries
- Start your Windows system in safe mode.
- Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then confirm with Enter, or click OK.
- Find the Sophos Anti-Virus service and right-click on it.
- In the context menu, select Properties, and then disable the service.
- You can now click Start and type Run again. Enter regedit this time. Confirm with Enter or click OK.
- Navigate to the following location in the Registry Editor: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Services \ MCS Sophos Agent and set REG_DWORD Start to 0x00000004.
- Next, navigate to the following location in the Registry Editor: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Services \ Sophos Endpoint Defense \ TamperProtection \ Config Set the following REG_DWORD values SAVEnabled and SEDEnabled to 0.
- Finally, navigate to the following location in the Registry Editor: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ WOW6432Node \ Sophos \ SAVService \ TamperProtection and set the value to REG_DWORDto 0.
- Restart the system in normal mode.
- To remove Sophos from your Mac, you must search for and execute the Delete Sophos Home.app option in / Applications / Folder.
- You can also find this file easily with Spotlight.
- Start “Remove Sophos Home” and click Continue. You will need to enter your user password. Type the password and click OK.
- The system will completely uninstall Sophos Anti-Virus on your Mac.Whichever option you choose, both must disable the anti-fraud protection and you can uninstall Endpoint Client without any problem.