Removing or uninstalling Bitdefender product from the computer is a simple process. You can simply uninstall it from the Add / Remove Programs Control Panel. Bitdefender Antivirus is a competent anti-virus and antivirus solution, recognized by independent antivirus labs. However, if you want to switch to another antivirus software or if you simply want to perform a new reinstallation, the first thing you should do is uninstall Bitdefender Antivirus for PC effectively. But sometimes this process does not remove all traces of the installation.
- Once started, Bitdefender Antivirus can not be exited from the menu bar.
- There is only the Bitdefender Antivirus alias in the Applications folder.
- Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac can not be moved to trash as it is open.
- Items related to Bitdefender Antivirus can not be found by simple search
- Click Start, go to Control Panel, and then double-click Programs and Features.
- Locate Bitdefender and select Uninstall.
- Click Delete in the window that appears, then select according to your situation: I want to reinstall it or I want to permanently delete it.
- Click Next to continue.
- Wait for the uninstallation process to finish, then reboot your system.
- Download and save the BitDefender uninstall tool on your computer to the location of your choice. This tool can be used for 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems.
- Once the download is complete, navigate to the location where you downloaded it and run it (double-click it).
- After a few moments, the interface of the uninstall tool will appear.
- Click Uninstall.
- Wait for the tool to display the completion message, and then restart your computer.
- Minimize all open windows and click an empty space on the desktop
- Click Go on the menu bar and select Utilities or press Shift + Command + U.B. You can also open the Finder and go to Applications, then Utilities, and run the Bitdefender Uninstaller program.
- Otherwise, click Go on the menu bar and select Computer. Go to Macintosh HD> Library> Bitdefender> Central> Agent and run Bitdefender Uninstaller.
- In the new window that will appear, click Uninstall.
- Confirm the process by entering the administrator password. The uninstall will start.
- When the process is complete, click Close. A web page will open asking you to complete a survey. Your comments would be very appreciated. If you do not have time, just close the page.
- Go to Macintosh HD> Library and move the Bitdefender folder to the Trash. The administrator password will be asked again.
- If you still have the Bitdefender icon in the Dock, right-click it, select Options> Remove from Dock.