How to Uninstalling Bitdefender ?
Removing or uninstalling Bitdefender product from the computer is a simple process. You can simply uninstall it from the Add / Remove Programs Control Panel. Bitdefender Antivirus is a competent anti-virus and antivirus solution, recognized by independent antivirus labs. However, if you want to switch to another antivirus software or if you simply want to perform a new reinstallation, the first thing you should do is uninstall Bitdefender Antivirus for PC effectively. But sometimes this process does not remove all traces of the installation.
Reasons to Uninstalling Bitdefender
- Once started, Bitdefender Antivirus can not be exited from the menu bar.
- There is only the Bitdefender Antivirus alias in the Applications folder.
- Bitdefender Antivirus for Mac can not be moved to trash as it is open.
- Items related to Bitdefender Antivirus can not be found by simple search
Steps to Uninstalling Bitdefender for Windows
- Click Start, go to Control Panel, and then double-click Programs and Features.
- Locate Bitdefender and select Uninstall.
- Click Delete in the window that appears, then select according to your situation: I want to reinstall it or I want to permanently delete it.
- Click Next to continue.
- Wait for the uninstallation process to finish, then reboot your system.
Steps to Uninstalling BitDefender using the uninstall tool
- Download and save the BitDefender uninstall tool on your computer to the location of your choice. This tool can be used for 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems.
- Once the download is complete, navigate to the location where you downloaded it and run it (double-click it).
- After a few moments, the interface of the uninstall tool will appear.
- Click Uninstall.
- Wait for the tool to display the completion message, and then restart your computer.
Steps to Uninstalling Bitdefender for MAC
- Minimize all open windows and click an empty space on the desktop
- Click Go on the menu bar and select Utilities or press Shift + Command + U.B. You can also open the Finder and go to Applications, then Utilities, and run the Bitdefender Uninstaller program.
- Otherwise, click Go on the menu bar and select Computer. Go to Macintosh HD> Library> Bitdefender> Central> Agent and run Bitdefender Uninstaller.
- In the new window that will appear, click Uninstall.
- Confirm the process by entering the administrator password. The uninstall will start.
- When the process is complete, click Close. A web page will open asking you to complete a survey. Your comments would be very appreciated. If you do not have time, just close the page.
- Go to Macintosh HD> Library and move the Bitdefender folder to the Trash. The administrator password will be asked again.
- If you still have the Bitdefender icon in the Dock, right-click it, select Options> Remove from Dock.