Trend Micro Antivirus Security provides essential online protection for your PC. Antivirus security protects against spam, viruses and malware, allowing you to enjoy your digital life safely. Keep your valuable files safe from ransomware with Folder Shield. It only allows authorized applications to access protected folders with your personal information.
- Folder Shield can even protect cloud-synced folders such as Dropbox®, Google® Drive and Microsoft® OneDrive®.
- Prevent viruses, spyware, worms, and Trojans from infecting your computer.
- Protects your computer from cybercriminals by identifying dangerous links on websites and social networks, e-mails and instant messages.
- Detects spam containing phishing scams that may lead you to reveal personal information.
To upgrade your Trend Micro Security for Windows, do the following:
Step 1: Check your Subscription Information (Expiry Date)
Your Trend Micro subscription should not be expired. To check your serial number and subscription, login to Trend Micro Account.
Step 2: Make sure your PC meets the system requirements.
Step 3: Download the installer.
- Download the installer file by clicking the download button below to begin the installation.
- Double-click the downloaded file to run the installer.
- Click on Yes when the User Account Control window appears.
- Wait for the installer to extract the files needed for the installation.
Step 4: Restart your PC after performing system check.
After extracting, the installer will require you to restart your PC to remove the older version:
- Click on Yes, when asked to remove the old version.
- Click on Restart Now when prompted to restart your PC.
- After restarting, the installation will resume and will prompt for your serial number.
Step 5: Type your serial number.
Provide your serial number to verify your subscription:
- Type your serial number, then click on Next.
- If you forgot your Trend Micro serial number, check your serial number and subscription by logging in to your Trend Micro Account.
- Read the Privacy and Personal Data Collection Disclosure carefully, then click on Next.
Step 6: Accept the License Agreement.
Trend Micro Security is subject to the terms and conditions of Trend Micro license agreement:
- Read the License Agreement carefully, then click on Agree and Install.
Step 7: Wait for the installation to finish.
Upon agreeing with the License Agreement, Trend Micro will continue with the installation:
- Wait for the program to install. This may take a couple of minutes.
Step 8: Activate your protection.
Once installation is complete, activate your protection by verifying your Trend Micro Account details:
- Click on Finish. You will see the main console of your Trend Micro Security program.
These are the useful steps to Trend Micro Update. But on the other hand, there is also the possibility of some issues appearing when driving the given steps. However, the situation depends on the requirement that users are willing to make with their installed antivirus application. Finally, you may prefer to contact experts by calling Trend Micro support and contacting them via the form above. They are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help and guide their clients.