Uninstall Vipre Antivirus
Running multiple antivirus software on your computer at the same time will cause a conflict and may slow down or block your computer. If the VIPRE installation process fails to automatically uninstall another antivirus program, you will find below instructions for removing any other antivirus program via Windows and with the appropriate program removal tool. Many times, we want to uninstall our existing anti-virus program to install a new one because it is always advisable to use only one anti-virus program at a time in our system. Several antiviruses can cause many performance and stability issues. Although we may uninstall the existing antivirus using the Windows Add / Remove Programs (or Programs and Features) applet, it may not completely remove the program that may interfere with the newly installed antivirus program.
- Please follow the steps below to uninstall VIPRE Internet Security
- Open the Control Panel and follow the steps according to your operating system:
- For Windows XP / Vista / 7: Click Start> Control Panel.
- In Windows 8 / 8.1: On the thumbnail screen, type "Control", even if you do not have a box. The search will open automatically. After that, choose the Control Panel option.
- Windows 10 - In the search bar at the bottom left of the screen, type "Control". A search will appear as you type. Click the Control Panel option.
- Choose to uninstall a program or click Programs and Features. Get free help on VIPRE customer service phone number in case of problems
- Choose "VIPRE Internet Security" from the list of programs displayed. Then click on "Uninstall or modify a program". You can also right-click on the Uninstall / Change command to delete it automatically.
- Select the "Delete" option in the VIPRE INTERNET SECURITY windows. Then click the Next> button.
- The next prompt will ask you to keep or delete data files. Choose Yes, delete all items, and then click Next.
- The deletion process will start and may take several minutes.
- Click Finish in VIPRE INTERNET SECURITY.
- After the removal process, restart the computer if prompted.