What Is Website Optimization?
Website optimization is the use of controlled experimentation to improve the ability of a website to achieve its business objectives. To improve the performance of their website, website owners are implementing A / B testing to test changes to their website pages to determine which changes will result in more customer service time conversions. etc.).
How Can Website Optimization Help My Online Business?
When search engines do not detect your website, business is lost. Professional SEO services can help you increase the relevancy of your site and, as a result, move it up the rankings, bringing your products and services closer to your potential customers. With its ability to drive more quality traffic to your website at a relatively low cost, search engine optimization is an essential part of your online marketing strategy.
Search engine visibility can also be achieved through automated submission tools, which allow you to periodically submit your website address to national and local directories and search engines. The combined use of these tools and website optimization can have a significant impact on the traffic your site generates.
This process consists of the following steps:
- Assume – Review your analyzes and look for parts of your funnel that are not working well, such as pages with a high bounce rate or exit rate. Collect qualitative feedback from visitors about why they do not convert. You can brainstorm potential causes of poor performance to create a list of optimizations for websites to test.
- Prioritize – After building your list of potential optimizations, you need to prioritize them. Put them in a spreadsheet and rank them according to the expected impact, your confidence in their potential for performance improvement, and the ease with which change is implemented.
- Test your optimizations. The next step is to test the optimizations of your website. Keep the changes that improve the performance of your site, eliminate those that are not.
- Analyze the tests – Review the test data to determine which assumptions were true and which others were not. By implementing the winning tests, you will optimize your website for higher conversions with each winning variant. Make sure you do not finish the tests too early so you do not fall victim to misleading test data.
- Optimize your website – Put your winning tests into play and learn from the tests that have not been won. Use both results as inspiration for running successive tests. Remember that website optimization is an ongoing process that produces its best gains over time.
Do You Really Need to Optimize Your Website?
If you’re wondering if website optimization is worth it, let me ask you this: If I told you that you could get twice as many conversions from your existing traffic, would you be excited? If the answer is yes, you should definitely optimize your website.
In fact, generating more traffic on a website that does not work for your potential customers is a waste of money. The traffic is good. The traffic that converts is better. Whether you pay someone to do SEO for your site or pay for each click through an online advertising platform such as AdWords, you pay for visitors to be on your site. Once they are there, it’s up to you to convince them to convert. For example, if you can increase the percentage of people who visit your site and do conversions, you actually increase conversions without increasing costs. Who does not want that?