Among the errors made by Android users when they try to download applications or games from the Play Store via Wi-Fi, this is code 495. Of course, you can quickly solve this problem by installing n anything with mobile data, but what if you want a game that has a total size of a few GB? You can easily finish all your available data.
In this case, you should look for a fix for error 495 from Google Play Store. And guess what? You’re in the right place because that’s exactly what we’re talking about today!
- The problem is related to a bad Wi-Fi connection, because a correct and stable connection is always required during the download and installation of applications. And when the wireless network is not so powerful, installing or updating applications will fail.
- Due to a failure to synchronize with servers, the update or download process can not be processed correctly.
- Many times, the connection in Google Play Store is in overtime and you must log back in because the system can not solve the problem by itself.
After doing all the required research, we’ve come across three main methods of solving the Google Play Store Error 495.
Method 1: Clear the Google Play cache
This is the “classic” method to get rid of such an error because it works in most cases.
- Go to Settings> Applications and open the list with all your applications.
- Find the Google Play Store, open it, and tap Clear Data and clear the cache.
- Go back to the list of apps and search for Google Service Framework.
- Clear the data and clear the cache for this application also
- Return to the Play Store and see if the error reoccurs
- It does not work? Try the second method!
Method 2: Remove your account
- Select System Settings> Account> Google and delete your Gmail account.
- Go to Settings> Apps> All and search the Google Play Store.
- Tap and search for Clear Cache and Clear Data. Tap on them.
- Press Force Stop too.
- Repeat the previous two steps for Google Service Framework and Download Manager.
- Go to Settings> Accounts> Google and add your Gmail account again.
- Restart your phone or tablet
- Go back to the Play Store and try to install an application to see if error 495 from Google Play Store appears again.
- If that does not work, go to the next one.
Method 3: Install a VPN
- Install the Hideman VPN App from the Play Store (if you’re lucky enough and it works) or install the .apk directly
- Open the application and select the United States as the country of connection.
- Press to connect
- Open the Play Store and see if the error persists