The Google Play Store error 944 in Android is one of the most common mistakes these days. In this error, whenever a user tries to install or update an app from the Google Play Store, an error message continues to appear: “The app could not be downloaded because of an error. (944) “This error often becomes irritating as it continues to happen again and again, but many people do not know that it is very easy to correct this error. problem and want to know how to fix error 944 from Google Play Store in Android, please read below.
Causes of Google Play Store Error 944 in Android:
Some of the causes of the Google Play Store error 944 in Android are listed below.
- Error This error usually occurs because of a cache problem.
- It can also occur if Internet connectivity is bad.
- You can also deal with error 944 from the Google Play Store under Android if you have activated the Energy Saver mode.
- This error can also be caused if the new Google Play Store update is not compatible with your Android version.
Fix: Google Play Store Error 944
Method 1: Check your internet connection
An unstable Internet connection may affect the application update process, causing the Play Store 944 error prompt to display.
The basic solutions to this problem include:
- Restart your Internet connection. You can easily do this by disconnecting from the Internet and then reconnecting.
- Exceed your Internet connectivity mode. You can do this by alternating your Internet connection mode, mobile data over Wi-Fi or vice versa.
- Use multiple Internet connections. You can connect to the Internet using both mobile data and Wi-Fi.
- This should solve the problem of error 944. But if you still encounter the error (which is rare), you can move on to the next available solution.
Method 2: Clear Cache and Data
You must empty the cache and data from the Play Store and related applications to resolve the problem of error 944.
Here’s how to do this:
- Go to Settings> Go to Applications
- Now, search for the Google Play Store app> Clear cache and data.
- Next, press Stop Force. This prevents Play Store from running in the background.
- In addition, locate the Google Play service, and then clear the cache and data.
- Next, locate Google Services Framework, and then clear the cache and data.
- Repeat the same process for the download manager.
- Then restart your device.