Some people encounter this error code when they try to install the March update KB4482887. Typically, the update process should run smoothly and finish. But, because of component problems, it can fail by displaying an error code. Some are very easy to repair. Some are too stubborn to be defeated. Again, it can sometimes be helpful to retry the update process. But, to resolve error 0x800f0982, users must go through some specific methods.When attempting to update Windows, you may encounter error 0x800f0982. It has become a problem common to some users. But, this article explains how to fix the update error 0x800f0982.
1. Run Update Troubleshooter
This should be the first method to fix the Windows 0x800f0982 update error. When you encounter similar problems, you must run the Troubleshooter update issues. It corrects the basic corruptions of the update components. So he has a good chance of solving your problem. Here are the instructions to follow.
- First of all, Press on Win + I on the keyboard. It will open the settings in Windows 10.
- Now, Go to Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
- After that, Find “Windows Update” and click on it. Then, Click on Run the troubleshooter.
- Then, Follow the onscreen instructions.
Hope that it will fix your problem. If not, follow the next methods.
2. Reset Software Distribution and Catroot2 Folder
You can solve almost any problem related to Windows update by following this method. Software distribution and the Catroot2 folder contain important update components. If these are corrupted, users usually receive various error messages during the update process. In this case, follow these instructions.
- At first,Reset SoftwareDistribution Folder.
- Then,Reset the Catroot2 Folder.
It should fix update error 0x800f0982.
3. Try in Clean Boot
Third-party services and programs may also cause this type of error. In particular, the antivirus and the firewall can cause conflicts. So you can disable them temporarily and try. But, to be in a safe position, you must perform a clean boot. Then try to update Windows. It can repair the update error 0x800f0982.
4. Install Update Manually
Still getting the error? You probably can bypass this problem by installing the update manually. In this case, you will have to follow these instructions.
- At first, Go to this link: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Home.aspx
- Then, Find the update you have been encountering an error while installing. For example, KB4482887
- After that, Download and install it on your PC.
- Now, Restart your computer to apply the changes.
In this case, You may not encounter the error code anymore.
5. Delete Contents From SystemResources Folder
Some users have reported that they have deleted everything from the System Resources folder. And it fixed update error 0x800f0982. You also may try this method.
- At first, Take backup of the folder C:\Windows\SystemResources
- Then, Delete everything from it.
- Restart your computer and try to update windows again.
- It should solve the update error.