Windows 10 Error 1053
You may receive the following error message when you start an application on your Windows computer. When the application tries to start services, Windows returns the following error messages.
- Error 1053: "The service did not respond in a timely manner" when attempting to start, stop, or pause a service
- Error 1053: "The service did not respond to the request to start or check in the specified time" when starting the Application Server service in Control Compliance Suite 10.x
- You receive an "Error 1053: The service did not respond to start-up or check request in a timely manner" error message when a service that uses the local system account tries to start on a Windows Server 2003-based computer
- Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or check request in a timely manner and the MS software shadow copy provider will not start.
- Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or check request within the specified time, and the MS software shadow copy software provider will not start.
- "Error 1053: The service did not respond to the request to start or check in time"
Method 1:Run System File Checker.
The System File Checker is a free tool already installed on the Windows operating system. This tool scans through all system files and checks each file consistently. If it finds damaged or deleted system files, it restores them. When scanning is complete, gently restart the PC and the error will disappear.
Open Command Prompt as Administrator. Go to Start menu and type cmd in search box. You will see the Command Prompt in start menu. Right click on menu and select Run as administrator. Now type following command and press Enter to start scan.
Method 2: Edit Registry Key
If System File Checker doesn’t fix your problem then you can apply this method. However, it is very risky to edit registry file because wrong entries might down your PC permanently. Do it with cautions.
Step 1: Open Registry Editor. Type regedit in Run command and hit enter.
Step 2: Now, go to the following location:
Step 3: Now select Control in the left pane and you will see all Control properties in the right pane.
Step 4: Right-click on the right pane and select New> DWORD Value. Give this DWORD value a name as ServicesPipeTimeout and double-click it to open it.
Step 5: Set the value data to 6000, select the Decimal radio button in the base area, and then click OK.
Step 6: Restart the computer and you will notice that error 1053 has disappeared.