Windows 10 error code 0xc0000185
Does your laptop or computer send a blue screen error message stating that your startup configuration data is missing (error code 0xc0000185)? This BSOD error code appears with the message "Some required information is missing in the boot configuration data of your PC".
After a thorough analysis of this error message, it was found that this BSOD bug was related to the boot configuration data. Startup configuration data may be corrupted or become inaccessible. So, you can not boot your system and make it normal without fixing this bug.
If you want to get rid of this problem, you must apply solutions and restore missing or damaged data. This BSOD Stop error is very annoying and you can only start your computer after applying given solutions.
1. Lose the cable connection between your system and the hard drive.
2. Corrupted or missing startup files.
3. The disk drive becomes defective
4.Corrupt disk drive.
Fix 1: Make sure that Wire is Properly Connected [Only for PC]
This is the basic method to correct error code 0xc0000185. As a small problem in the system connection can trigger this type of error message.
To perform this troubleshooting, first open the CPU and make sure that the cable connecting the hard drive and the system is not damaged or properly connected.
We also suggest that you make sure that system components, such as expansion cards, power supplies, and memory, are properly placed in their respective locations.
Fix 2: Automatic Repair
If you have Windows OS recovery media then this method will help you to overcome from this issue.
- First of all, insert the recovery media into the appropriate Port and boot your PC/Laptop from the recovery media.
- After it clicksNext on the resultant Windows Setup screen.
- Select to repair the computer at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on“Troubleshoot” from the list of “Advanced Startup”
- Select“Automatic Repair”
Windows OS recovery media should automatically start the recovery process and try to fix any startup issues.
Fix 3: Check Hard Disk for Errors
It is the recommended solution for both PC and laptop users, it is found that hard disk internal issue can also cause this error.
- Open the command prompt with admin privilege. To do this pressWin + X key and click “Command Prompt.”
- Here, type chkdsk /R in the command prompt box and hit the Enter key.
This command will scan your HDD and fix any errors it finds. After the completion of this error restart your computer.
Fix 4: Restore your System to Fix Error 0xc0000185
You can do the system restore and reverts recently changes. Restore your Computer or Laptop to an earlier date when it worked without any error.
Note: System Restore will rollback any manual or automatic changes and you will lose any newly installed program(s) and updates.
- Insert Windows OS installation media.
- Restart your system and keep pressing F12 from your keyboard.
- Choose the installation media as the booting disk.
- Select“Next” on the resultant Windows Setup window.
- Select “Next” in order to select “Repair your computer.”
- Click on“Troubleshoot” before choosing “Advanced Options” on the resultant blue screen.
- Again,select the “Restore” option and follow the on-screen instructions.
If all the steps executed properly then you will see that your computer will boot without any issue.