The Windows 10 error code 38 is a problem reported by the Device Manager console of your Windows system. The problem appears on your computer because Windows can not load the appropriate device driver for the program you are trying to use. The error is usually an indication of software problems resulting from conflicts between the resources used by the device. It could also be due to damaged or corrupted settings. You must resolve the problem before you can use the device again and delete the error messages. It may sound pretty tricky to accomplish, but is easy to do once you know how. This tutorial will help you fix the Windows error with code 38 on your PC.
Causes of Windows 10 Error Code 38
The errors reported by Device Manager are mainly due to incorrect device driver loading because it has been corrupted or a previous version of the software has already been installed, which causes conflicts with the resources allocated to the device. Problems can also be caused by problems with the device itself or by errors in the registry. You must identify the source of the problem to correct the errors.
How To Fix Windows 10 Error Code 38 ?
Step 1 –One solution is to use the troubleshooting wizard provided with the Windows operating system. The troubleshooting wizard will allow you to solve the problem accurately based on the questions it asks you to identify what is wrong.To load the wizard, just follow these steps:
- Click Start > Control Panel > System > Hardware tab > Device Manager. For Vista and Windows 7 systems, click Start > Control Panel > Device Manager.
- Double-click on the device that has problems. You will notice problem devices as these are indicated with either a red exclamation mark or yellow exclamation mark.
- On the Device Properties dialog box, select the General It is usually the default tab when the Properties dialog box appears.
- Click Troubleshoot to launch the Troubleshooting Wizard.
- Follow the on-screen resolution steps that are provided by the wizard.
- Keep on checking the Device status area of the problematic device in the Properties dialog box as you progress through the Troubleshooting Wizard to verify whether the error has been resolved.
- When the red or yellow exclamation mark vanishes, then you are finished troubleshooting the error.
Step 2 – Clean Out The Registry
If the troubleshooter does not solve the problem, the problem can only come from the registry. This is a large central database for all file and program settings. It is known to cause many problems on your computer, including Windows 38 errors. The registry is necessary because Windows must read it when loading your programs and files, to remind you how you configured them. Registry errors appear because of the size of this database; it is so big and so often used that Windows sometimes saves these settings incorrectly. You must fix the errors inside the registry to resolve the Windows 38 error by using a reliable “registry cleaner” that can perform a thorough scan and make necessary repairs.