Windows Error Code 0xc004c003 – Many window users have recently seen error code 0xc004c003 on their PC. This error can be seen just after installing or reinstalling the Windows 10 update. The error is clearly related to the Windows activation process and could also occur for several other reasons. It has been reviewed and found that many users get the Windows activation error code after upgrading to the latest version or performing a new installation. If you get Windows 10 0xc004c003 error code during installation, you do not need to feel depressed. It is related to the activation process.
There are several issues that may be causing the error code 0xC004C003. The most common of them are:
- The product key entered was invalid and can not be used to activate the new operating system.
- The user followed the proper installation procedure, but the Windows update servers were too busy to handle the activation at this time.
- The free upgrade invitation was followed, but after reinstallation, the copy of Windows 10 was still not enabled.
- The user attempted to perform a clean and complete installation of Windows 10 instead of going from Windows to Windows 10.
Method 1: Try to reset your PC.
By simply rebooting your computer or laptop, you can solve this problem. Generally, this solution is not very effective but it is recommended to try it once. Apply the steps below.
- Click the Start button-> Go to Settings
- Click the Update and Security option.
- Then, in the left pane, navigate to Recovery.
- “Reset this PC option” will appear, so click Start.
- It will take several times to complete the complete reset process.
The reset process will delete all files / folders from the system drive or drive on which Windows 10 is installed. So create a backup of your files before following the steps above.
Method 2: Windows Update
Run the troubleshooter and follow the steps wisely, keep a close eye on the information provided and the troubleshooter will automatically detect bugs and repair them automatically.
Use this method to troubleshoot Windows update issues, and then restart the system for these changes to take effect. Double check the Windows update, whether this error code 0xc004c003 is corrected or not. Otherwise, go to another solution and have it repaired.
Method 3: RUN SLMGR.VBS COMMAND
Sometimes, overloaded and blocked Windows 10 activation servers cause problems due to the large number of Windows users who are upgrading simultaneously. For this reason, you may have to deal with error code 0xc004c003. If you are trying to legally update your window to the latest version, try activating Windows 10 again after a few hours. You can run the process by accessing the configuration windows and then switching to the Start menu to select the Update and Security section. Now, in the left pane, you must select the activation, then click on the activation button. Here is another way in choosing to force the activation of the window 10.
Here is the method to do it:
- Right-click the Start Menu button, and make sure to select Command Prompt (Admin).
- The above steps lead to opening the Windows command prompt with administrator privileges.
- Now, in the command prompt window, you must type the command “slmgr.vbs -rearm”.
- To execute it, you must press the Enter key.
- Wait a moment and restart your PC.