Do you have Windows Error oxc00000e9 on Windows 10 or Windows 8.1, 8? Well, this error is usually a hardware malfunction and, to be more precise, most of the time, it is due to a communication error between the hard drive and the system. The error code 0xc00000e9 is a specific boot error code that you can see if your PC is having trouble booting. Instead of the well-known Windows logo when you start your computer, an empty screen with an encrypted message like “The system registry file is missing or corrupted” is displayed.
There are several reasons why this problem occurs and we will show them to you so that you can better understand how you can resolve the 0xc00000e9 error. Here are some of the factors that cause this problem:
- Viruses infecting registry files or data responsible for the correct startup of your operating system
- The defective hard disk
- Outdated or incompatible drivers
- Data corrupted due to crash when downloading important updates
- System files missing due to ongoing uninstallation and reinstallation of various programs
- Incompatible OS Updates
Method 1. Disconnect all peripherals/external devices
One of the most common reasons for the Windows error is the malfunction or incompatibility of the hard drive. We suggest that you turn off your computer, disconnect all external devices / devices such as hard disk, keyboard, etc., and then restart your computer.If the error persists, you can insert your external devices / devices one after the other. You will then know which device is causing the problem. After identifying the defective device, you can replace it with a good one or update its driver with the latest version recommended by the manufacturer.
Method 2. Check hard drive issue
If the disk contains errors or bad sectors, the 0xc00000e9 will appear on Windows 10/8/7. It is therefore strongly recommended to test the disk for errors.
- Turn on your computer, insert the Windows installation DVD, and then restart your computer.
- Select the language and region, and then click Repair your computer.
- On a Windows 10 installation media (or Windows 8.1, Windows 8), select “Troubleshoot”> “Command Prompt.” On a Windows 7 installation media, in System “Recovery Options”, select the first item and Windows 7 as the operating system, click “Next”> “Command Prompt.”
- At the command prompt, type “chkdsk / f / r” and press “Enter.”
- Press Y on your keyboard.
Method 3. Check System Files
In the command prompt window that you opened in the last method, you can also enter “sfc / scannow / offbootdir = d: \ / offwindir = d: \ windows” to check the integrity of Windows file systems.
Method 4. Repair/Rebuild Windows BCD files
In some cases, repairing the boot loader configuration (BCD) helps. To do this, you must run the following commands in the Command Prompt window and restart the computer:
bootrec.exe / fixmbr
bootrec / fixboot
bootrec / scanos
bootrec / rebuildbcd
Method 5. 0xc00000e9 fix without disk
As you can see, most methods require a Windows installation CD. And if you do not have it on hand? In this case, you can turn to third-party software: AOMEI Partition Assistant. With this one, you can create a bootable USB flash drive, start your computer from it, then check for bad sectors and rebuild the MBR under Windows PE.