The Roku streaming player selects and accurately collects video and entertainment content from the Internet. The device is designed to be a friend of the users and not a simple gadget. After gradually evolving over the years, Roku's digital media player now offers a variety of forms, such as streaming sticks and decoders with special attributes. All these devices have a common goal to offer viewers high quality entertainment in the comfort.
Prime Video, formerly known as Amazon Video (and Amazon Instant Video before) is Amazon's streaming service. Despite its name, Prime Video is not limited to Amazon Prime members. Prime Video offers two levels of service: Anyone can buy and rent videos, but Amazon Prime members benefit from unlimited streaming of many movies and TV shows for free. Although thousands of videos are available as part of an Amazon Prime subscription, many more videos from the Prime Video Library are available only by renting or buying them.
A Roku.com/link account is an online gateway to access your Roku service. Just create a new account with a strong password and a unique username. It is very important to get a Roku account to access your Roku account. Here is the list of things you can do on your Roku account.
- Activate your Roku device or your Roku TV.
- Download movies / series from the Channel Store.
- Watch the Roku channel online.
- Add / link more devices to your device list
- Synchronize your linked accounts and devices.
And that does not stop there, only after you have linked your Roku account to the device, your Roku activation process will be complete and you will be able to start broadcasting your choice of movies and programs.
The process is fast and intensive. It's as follows:
- Set up a Roku account.
- Connect your Roku device to the TV.
- Choose a language on the screen.
- Choose whether you want to connect via a wireless or wired connection.
- In addition, Roku will detect your display type.
- Link your Roku account.
- Choose the channels according to your reference.
- Wait for your account to respond.
- Install Amazon Prime Video from Roku Channel Store or use the search feature on your Roku device to find and install the channel. If you are installing from the website and want to access the channel immediately, you will need to force an update by selecting Settings - System - System Update - Check Now from the Home Screen of your Roku device.
- Launch Prime Video on your Roku and select "Connection" from the home screen menu of the channel.
- You can login to your Roku using your Amazon username and password or use a code to register on the Amazon website. If you register on the Amazon website, you will see a code on the Roku channel that you will have to enter on amazon.com/mytv. After entering the code, the Roku channel will automatically connect you to your account.