Without a Roku account, it’s not possible to activate any of your streaming devices. Users who already have an account can log in with credentials (username and password). If you do not have an account, create one immediately by visiting the activation page of the link to the Roku account. Just visit it and start providing the required data (name, email ID and password).
A Roku.com/link account is an online gateway to access your Roku service. Just create a new account with a strong password and a unique username. It is very important to get a Roku account to access your Roku account.
Here is the list of things you can do on your Roku account.
- Activate your Roku device or your Roku TV.
- Download movies / series from the Channel Store.
- Watch the Roku channel online.
- Add / Link more devices to your device list.
- Synchronize your accounts and related devices.
And that does not stop there, only after you have linked your Roku account to your device, the Roku activation process will be complete and you will be able to start broadcasting your choice of movies and programs.
Remember that activating Roku.com/link is not a unique process. The process requires many steps and each step plays an important role in accessing your service. Perform these steps for successful activation of Roku.
Your Roku is now activated. By using your Roku account, you can add the channel and start broadcasting.
- Using the Quick Start manual, connect the streaming player to your TV.
- You can choose a wired or wireless network.
- These two methods require two different approaches. Then log in accordingly.
- Once you are logged in, you will see a series of instructions on your TV screen.
- Complete the instructions by choosing the right option.
- In the end, your Roku will start downloading new software.
- You will see a 5-digit alphanumeric code on the screen.
- Enter the activation code at Roku.com/link and press the “Submit” button.
Although the Roku player is a smart device, you need an account to manage channels, settings, personal preferences, and payment options. Registering a Roku account is a relatively easy process compared to configuring Roku, and the steps are as follows:
- Go to my.roku.com/signup.
- 2Enter your details in the fields you see, such as your first name, last name, email, email, password and password.
- Check the box next to “I am 18 years of age or older”.
- Check the box next to the text saying “I am not a robot”.
- Then click ‘Continue’.
- On the next screen, you will need to generate a PIN to authorize purchases on the Roku Store.
- You will be prompted to enter billing information. It depends on you whether you want to provide your credit card details or your PayPal ID. No amount will be deducted from your account for sharing payment information. The only time your money would be deducted is when you make a purchase in the Roku store.