Xbox Error 0x87dd0006
The Xbox error 0x87dd0006 refers to a problem that prevents players from using Xbox Live and all devices that require them to connect to the service. This means that you may have seen error code 0x87DD0006 on your Xbox One or on your PC. Error 0x87dd0006 may be due to incorrect billing information, corrupted profile, etc., because users can not connect to their Xbox accounts. The Xbox lets you enjoy tons of games on your Xbox console. However, your gaming sessions can sometimes be interrupted by generic errors. The error 0x87dd0006 was widely known and Xbox Technical Support attempted to resolve this problem. Nevertheless, some users still encounter this problem which is atrocious because the game sessions should not be disturbed.
- Incorrect billing information:If the billing information that you’ve provided is incorrect, the error can emerge because of it.
- Corrupt Profile:Sometimes, user profiles are corrupted due to which the error pops up.
- Network Configuration: One of the times, your network configuration might be a little uncanny due to which the error can pop up.
Solution 1: Rectify your Billing Information
The common cause of error 0x87dd0006 is incorrect billing information. If your billing information is incorrect, the error may occur because payments are not made. In this case, you just have to double-check your billing information.
- Go to your Microsoft account.
- Navigate to the Payment and billing section and choose Billing info.Xbox Settings – Payment and Billing
- Select Edit Profile option and then follow the given instructions to update your billing information.
Solution 2: Delete your Profile
If your user profile gets corrupted, you’ll have to delete it and then download it again. You can easily re-add your account after deleting so no need to worry. Here’s how to do it:
- On your controller, press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select System and then go to Settings.
- Now, navigate to Accounts and then select Remove accounts.Remove Account – Xbox Account Settings
- Just select the account you want to remove and then click Remove to remove it.
Once done, it is time to add your account again. Do the following:
- Once again, press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select your avatar, move down and select Add new.
- Enter your login credentials.Xbox – Sign In
- Agree to the Service and Privacy terms.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to manage your account and Security.
Solution 3: Update the Console
Here’s how to update your console:
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Go to Settings and then select All Settings.
- Navigate to System and then Updates.Updates – Xbox System Settings
- Select Update console to check for any updates out there.
Solution 4: Restart your Router
Sometimes the configuration of your network may be causing the problem. When you restart your router, your network configuration is reset and you can start over. Regardless of whether you have a wireless router, be sure to restart it. Be sure to turn off your Xbox before restarting your router. Once done, turn on your Xbox console and try to connect.
Solution 5: Sign out of every Account
It has been reported that the error can also be resolved by disconnecting each connected account. To do this, you must log out of each account. In the connection settings, select the "Forget Wi-fi" option, and then turn off your Xbox. Then, turn on your Xbox console and connect to your Wi-Fi network. Then, try signing in to your account to see if it solves your problem.