The Xbox error code 0x80072efd usually occurs if there is a problem with the Internet connection. The error 0x80072EFD is very common. This error can come with different messages in different conditions. Here, explain them and the methods to solve it in this article.
Solution 1. Check Xbox Live server
“Xbox One error code 0x80072efd” may mean that the console could not establish a connection to the Xbox Live server. Check the status of the Xbox Live Core Services server. If the server is inaccessible, please wait until the server is operational.
Solution 2. Check Internet Connection
If the Xbox server is operational, “Xbox One error code 0x80072efd” may indicate an Internet connection problem. The ISP may be undergoing maintenance or your network may have difficulty connecting to the Xbox server. If you are on a private network, such as a campus or office, your Xbox One Internet connection may be blocked by a firewall. Ask the help of an IT administrator to help you with this problem. However, if this problem occurs on a home network, please see the guide below.
- Power down the console and modem router by unplugging both devices from the outlet for at least three minutes to refresh the connection.
- If using WiFi Use ethernet cable or move the Xbox near the WiFi access point.
- Check if you could connect to the internet using your mobile phone or another computer. If not, call your ISP. If yes, proceed below.
- Check your internet speed by accessing speedtest.net. If it is far from normal, call your ISP.
- If it is good, temporarily disable your firewall if you have a separate modem and router.
- Directly connect the console to the modem to bypass the router.
- Use other ISP such as your Mobile Data.