The Xbox error code 0x800c0005 occurs when your device or the Xbox console is disconnected from another service. The root causes of this connectivity failure are incompatible NAT types (Network Address Translation). The workaround is to check if the console is configured for the correct NAT type. And if it does not, change the NAT type and reboot the console.
1. Restart the Xbox
- Users can refresh the NAT type by restarting the Xbox console. So, try restarting the Xbox by pressing the Xbox button to open Guide.
- Select Settings on the Guide.
- Select the Restart console option.
- Then click Yes to confirm the restart.
- Users can then check their NAT Type by pressing the Xbox button and selecting Settings > All Settings.
- Select Network to open a Network Settings screen that displays the NAT Type within the Current Network Status column.
- If the NAT Type is Open, further fixes will not usually be required.
2. Adjust the Router’s IPv6 Settings
- Error 0x800c0005 can arise when the Xbox console can’t get a Teredo IP address, and users can fix that by enabling Teredo tunneling on their routers’ settings pages. To do that, press the Windows key + S hotkey.
- Input ‘cmd’ in the search box, and click Command Prompt to open the CP.
- Enter ‘ipconfig’ in the Command Prompt, and press the Return key.
- Copy the Default Gateway number with the Ctrl + C hotkey.
- Open a web browser.
- Then paste the Default Gateway number in the URL bar with the Ctrl + V hotkey to open the router configuration site.
- Log in to the router configuration site. Users who aren’t sure what login details to enter can check the router’s manual and web support site for further details.
- Thereafter, look for Allow Teredo tunneling and Allow IPv6 tunneling settings. Enable both those settings if the router configuration site includes them.
3. Refresh the NAT Table
- Refreshing the NAT table, by turning the UPnP protocol off and back on, is another potential resolution for error 0x800c0005. To do that, log in to the router’s configuration site with an IP address as outlined above.
- Then turn the Enable UPnP setting off within the UPnP settings section. Users can refer to their router manuals for more specific details on where exactly the UPnP setting is within their router configuration UI.
- Save the new settings.
- Then unplug the network router.
- Restart the Xbox console if it’s on.
- Log back into the router configuration site to turn the UPnP setting back on, and save the changed settings.
- Check that the Zero Config setting is on if there is one.
- Thereafter, plug the network router back in to restart it.
- Alternatively, make sure that the router’s firmware is up to date and stick to a wired connection.