Xbox One error code 0x8000ffff
"Xbox One error code 0x8000ffff" is an error that may occur after running a game or participating in a group chat. This may mean that some features are not available due to temporary system maintenance, an unexpected problem on Xbox Live, or a network configuration problem. The error may also occur on Xbox 360.
Solution 1. Check Xbox Live server
If "Xbox One 0x8000ffff error code" occurs, check the status of the Xbox Live service. The server may be overloaded with requests or being serviced, resulting in the error. If the server state has a warning, wait for it to be corrected.
Solution 2. Check Internet connection
If the Xbox Live Core service is working properly and the "Xbox one 0x8000FFFF error code" appears, it may be due to your Internet connection. Your network setting may have a problem. This could be the network firewall that prevents you from accessing the Xbox Live Core Service server. This could be due to a newly installed router with firewall. To confirm, test your network to verify the problem that caused the error.
- Check your Xbox One NAT settings. See solution 3.
- Do an internet speed test, If your internet connection speed is not normal, call the internet service provider (ISP).
- If it is fine, turn off your modem router for at least three minutes. Check if it solves the problem.
- If the connection is WiFi, make sure your Xbox 360 is receiving enough WiFi signal.
- If the connection is ethernet cable, reconnect the cable or try other LAN ports.
- If the issue still persists, a router might have a Connect your Xbox 360 to your modem directly and check if the error is fixed.
Solution 3. Change the NAT settings
"Xbox One 0x8000FFFF error code" may also be the result of a type of Network Address Translation (NAT). The NAT type may not be set to Open. This will result in incompatibility with other network players. Go to the NAT settings and set it to Open.
- Access Settings.
- Then to Network.
- Access Test multiplayer
- Repeat step 3, until NAT type changes to Open.