Xerox Printer Driver Not Installing
Have you upgraded to Windows 10? If this is the case, you may be wondering about setting up or installing the printer drivers for your Xerox printer on this new operating system. The interface of the Xerox printer and the installation of Windows 8 / 8.1 to the new Windows 10 have not changed much.
Printer installation failures are usually caused by corrupted or missing DLL files. The related errors usually occur when a program mishandles the file being used. The most common problem occurs in the Windows registry, where applications look for the location of the DLLs they need. And since these are critical files, when one becomes unavailable, it is impossible to predict what could go wrong.
Most often, you’ll experience program locks, slow PC performance, system hangs, blue screen errors, startup or shutdown issues, and installation errors. In the worst case, if the DLL is required by Windows, your entire system may become unstable.A common problem with these upgrades, however, is the support for printers. Windows 10 should have warned you if it did not support your printer before installing it, but even supported models may not work properly after an upgrade. New operating systems do not always include older printer drivers, and manufacturers do not always provide updated drivers on time.
Solution 1: Troubleshooting
Step 1: Open the printer control panel.
The first step in troubleshooting a printer problem is to use Windows XP’s own troubleshooting tools. Search for printers in the Windows 10 search box and select Devices and Printers in the results list. This will open the Control Panel panel for devices and printers.
Step 2: Troubleshoot a connected printer
Look for your printer in the window. It may be listed under Printers or Unspecified. If present, right-click on it and choose Troubleshoot from the menu that appears. Follow the on-screen instructions for troubleshooting the printer, but expect that it will not work – it will not always happen.
Step 3: Check if your printer is installed If Windows 10
troubleshooting does not work or if Windows 10 has not detected your printer, the next step is to check if it is installed or not. Click Start and navigate to Settings – Devices – Printers and Scanners. If your printer is not listed in the main window, click Add printer or scanner and wait for Windows to try to find your printer. Make sure it is connected to your PC and turned on.
Step 4: Tell Windows 10 to search for an older printer
If your printer is detected, follow the on-screen instructions to install it. Windows will automatically download and install the necessary drivers.
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key and the R key simultaneously to call the Run dialog box.2.
- Type devmgmt.msc and click OK. (Do not worry if your screens are slightly different than those shown below.) We have screenshots of Windows 10, but this fix also works on Windows.
- Locate and right-click your printer. Then click Uninstall a device.
- Click Uninstall if you are prompted to confirm.
To install the Xerox Printer Driver for Windows
- You must first click the link provided for the download, then select the Save or Save As option. Click Save to download the file.
- If you choose Run or Open, the downloaded file is automatically installed at the end of the download process.
- For your reference, the driver file that you download is stored in a specific folder that you previously defined, including the self-extracting form or (.exe format).
- In the last step, double-click the file downloaded with the file. exe file for the decompression process. Then the installation starts automatically.