The YouTube app is now available on PlayStation 4.
Streaming playback is the most user-friendly on the PlayStation 4. The DualShock 4 controller has a "Share" button that allows you to stream to Twitch or YouTube directly from the console. Simply log in to your account from a computer and start streaming. To stop the broadcast, press the Share button again. It's as simple as that.
Before you start broadcasting, you can adjust settings such as title and stream quality, enable comments, and adjust the screen layout. This is also where you will activate your microphone (you can set up a headset or a USB key in the PlayStation Settings menu). Video is also supported, but you need to set up a PlayStation camera.
- Navigate to connect.
- Connect with your Google Account when prompted. If you have multiple Google accounts, be sure to select the account you use with YouTube.
- After logging in, you may be presented with a list of Google identities associated with your account. Make sure you choose the account associated with your YouTube channel. If you select a Google+ page that does not have a YouTube channel, you will not be able to sign in.
- To sign out, go to PS4 Settings> Link with Other Services> YouTube, and select Sign out.
Pairing a second device to the Playstation 4
You can use your phone, tablet, or computer as a remote control. Learn how to pair your Playstation 4 with youtube.com, the YouTube app for Android, or the YouTube iOS app.
Upload a video on PS4
You can download game videos directly to YouTube using the Share button on your PlayStation 4. Here's how:
- Press the Share button on your PS4 controller and select Download a video clip.
- Select the clip you want to download and choose YouTube.
- Reduce the start or end point, add a title, description, and tags.
- Confirm the privacy settings and make sure you download to the correct channel.
- Select Share.
- Your clip will now start downloading. You can track the progress of your downloads by visiting your PS4 Notifications page.