YouTube is arguably the most popular streaming service ever created. With millions of films, shows, music videos, etc., its popularity extends to the world. The new content is downloaded and presented daily so that everyone can see it. With YouTube on Kodi, your streaming options will be endless.
The Youtube Kodi addon is one of the most important and used dependencies on Kodi. Youtube is the largest streaming site on the Internet and your Kodi Youtube addon is tightly integrated with hundreds of addons. The Youtube addon Kodi provides you with an interface to stream videos from the largest streaming media website on the Internet. The addon makes it easy to search, view and save Youtube content and videos. Many of Kodi's popular addons also use Youtube as a dependency, sending him search queries if needed.
- Playback any stream available on Youtube, live or static.
- Access Youtube channels, search and save content for later viewing.
- Cards, subscriptions, likes / dislikes of the addon
- Support for multiple languages
- Play videos of the highest possible quality or queues of lower quality to save bandwidth.
Activating YouTube on your Kodi is a little complicated but not impossible. It's the same as other platforms because you'll use the same link, youtube.com/activate on kodi, but you'll need to do a few extra steps before.
But here are the steps required to activate YouTube on your Kodi device.
- Go to Settings
- Click on Add-ons
- Select Install from Repository/Get Add-ons
- Click on Kodi Add-on Repository
- Now, select Video Add-ons
- Locate and select YouTube
- Click on Install
- Once it is installed, go to Videos then select Add-ons
- Select and open YouTube
- Here, click on Sign in
- The Add-on will give you a code. Note it down or don’t close the screen
- Now go to youtube.com/activate on kodi from your laptop or phone.
- Enter your Google account information and sign in
- Enter the code that the YouTube app gave you and proceed.
- Select Allow access if you see the option.
If you follow the steps given above for youtube.com/activate on Kodi, then you won’t have any issues and YouTube will be activated within a few minutes.
To allow HD video playback in the Youtube addon, you MUST have InputStream Adaptive enabled. To do this:
- In Kodi's main menu, go to Add-Ins> My Add-ins> VideoPlayer InputStream.
- Click InputStream Adapative and select Enable.
- Select RTMP Input and select Enable.