Roku is the pioneering TV streaming company. Roku streaming players are a more convenient and economical way to watch TV. Just plug it into your TV, connect to the Internet, create a Roku account and start broadcasting your favorites. Roku’s YouTube Channel is available in the Roku Channel Store. If you have it on your Roku, you will be able to watch YouTube videos via the Roku streaming service. It is very easy to obtain; for that you will need an active Wi-Fi connection, make sure everything is in order before starting. Roku streaming devices allow you to watch paid or free content through a series of channels. YouTube is one of the channels available on most Roku devices and you can sign in with your YouTube account from youtube.com/activate roku to view all your subscriptions and playlists. You can also use your smartphone, tablet, or computer to search and play YouTube videos on your Roku instead of using the Roku Remote.
YouTube activation on Roku devices is quite simple and only takes a few minutes to set up. Once your YouTube is activated, you can easily watch YouTube videos on your own TV screen. Basically, you’ll sign into your account at youtube.com/activate roku and you’ll enter a number that Roku gave you to sign in to YouTube.
Follow the steps given below to activate YouTube on Roku devices:
- Connect your Roku to your TV and sign in to your Roku account. Make sure you are connected to your Wi-Fi or internet as well.
- Visit your Home Screen (if you aren’t already) by pressing the Home button from your remote.
- Click on the option Channel Store and press Ok from your remote
- Visit Top Free option and click on YouTube then press Ok from remote.
- You will see an option of Add Channel. Click on this option and press Ok from your remote.
- Wait for a while and it will be added to your channels. If you want to check, just press the Home button and go to My Channels. The YouTube channel should be in your channel’s list.
- Select and open the YouTube channel
- Select the Gear icon on the left side of YouTube channel
- Select Sign in and enter your Google/YouTube account information (If it asks)
- Roku will give you an 8-digit code. Write it down somewhere or keep this screen open
- Now go to youtube.com/activate from your laptop or phone.
- Enter your Google account information and sign in
- Enter the 8 digit code that Roku gave you and proceed.
- Click Allow access if you see the option.
Now your YouTube is activated on your Roku device with the youtube.com/activate roku link. Now, you can easily watch anything from YouTube without any problem.